Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bar Cart-Worthy Glasses

There are about a million and one things I want for my snazzy new bar cart (that still has yet to find his perfect home in our little apartment because I am incapable of deciding on such things or rearranging without Natalie's assistance), so I thought I'd think about them here one step at a time.

First things first - we need something to drink from. And our standard (boring) Ikea glasses and variety of mismatched Scotch glasses (Micha's, obviously; I'm not that cool) just don't make me feel enough like I'm having a swanky drink with Don Draper and Roger Sterling. Which is obviously the goal of having a bar cart, right?

Here are some perfectly sexy options that I will be dreaming about for weeks to come. Quite sadly, most are not easily available and well, I probably wouldn't to see the price tag even if they were.

Clockwise from top left: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Gee, got a thing for gold much, Nicole?

And here are some more realistic options that I'm seriously looking into. Because even though the bar cart only cost me 1.50€ and half a tank of gas, I just can't bring myself to splurge on items that I know most likely won't survive more than a year in my clumsy hands (and even that is wishful thinking).

Clockwise from top left: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Again, the gold theme continues, but I'm willing to look at other options as well. As if by fate, I recently discovered Zara Home and feel like I've been sitting under a rock because I've been missing so much awesomeness. (So far, it's only available in Europe, but I don't even feel bad for any of you Americans who have places like CB2, West Elm, and Pottery Barn - we don't have anything comparable here in Germany so Zara Home is all I've got!). Some of the glasses won me over just with their names, such as Milly (5) and Jimena (not pictured but also not very pretty; I just enjoy saying the name almost as much as Seinfeld enjoyed saying salsa...) and some I think would genuinely look fantastic next to my bottle of Hendricks and a swanky decanter.

But what do you think? Which ones make you want to scream, "yes, I couldn't possibly go home without trying a gin and tonic from that glass!" and which ones make you just kind of yawn?



2 comments:

  1. hmmm vintage glasses from the 70's would look super awesome on the cart! I have this ridiculous set up in NH that are turquoise and gold with monuments from around the world stamped on them (in the turquoise and gold). they are excellent. flea market shopping in 3 weeks? yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turquoise + gold?! Awesome!! Yes yes yes to some Berlin flea shopping, together I know we'll find something awesome!

    ReplyDelete