Monday, March 5, 2012

It's Good to Be Back!

Hey there! I've missed you! How have you been?

I have, quite obviously, been very very well. We got back to Berlin on Friday after a series of unpleasant flying experiences (but none so terribly devastating, luckily) that come with the territory of flying to remote places, I suppose: nearly non-stop screaming, crying children (not just babies) on our longest of three flights - I still want to know who booked us on the children-with-careless-parents-only flight; complete and utter chaos in the Manila airport that resulted in lines so long they didn't all fit in the check-in hall; absurd coffee prices at the Quangzhou airport - I'm talking 15€ for two coffees; and a lovely airport personnel strike in Berlin on our arrival day that resulted in the cancelation of our final and oh-so-quick flight from Amsterdam to Berlin (we were rebooked for a few hours later, but still). But you know what, we still made it! As did our luggage! And I may even already be over my jetlag, but not quite over my vacation habit of sleeping 8-10 hours a day. That's a tough one to give up (that and the fresh-mango-juice-drinking habit).

Here's one pic, just for the heck of it (which, if we're Facebook friends, you've already seen, but, I don't have any others on my computer yet). Doesn't it remind you of a cheesy prom picture (with beer...)?!

Anywho, I'll be gradually filling you in on all aspects of our trip, the good (which was most of it) and the bad (which always results in entertaining stories after the fact) over the next couple weeks, along with plennnnnnnty of pictures. As if you expected anything less.

Thanks a bunch to Natalie and Emily for keeping things fun around here while I was away and letting me concentrate entirely on the art of doing nothing while on vacation (I mastered it)!!

And this week, in addition to oggling over some lovely tropical island pictures, let's also talk about my (and Natalie's) concrete plans for my bedroom update, as well as how to stock and style a bar cart. Style in the minimalistic, it-also-needs-to-be-functional sense of the word, though, cuz that's about all I can handle. Sound like a plan? Sweet.

On a final and unrelated note, I do not think it is a coincidence that one of my new favorite daily deal sites has this absolutely fabulous coffee table on sale today.


No, I think it is fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment