Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Rug Has Stolen My Heart

If you want to know the truth, I'm really really not a rug person (I'm sure I've mentioned this before). Maybe it's because we grew up with so much carpet that hardwood floors seem like such a welcome change to me. Or maybe I'm just a wee bit too lazy. Or cheap. (Rugs are freaking expensive!) All I know is, they are the last thing I think about when decorating a room (ask Natalie, she's been trying to break me of this habit for the past few years cuz she can't stand walking around on our very old and very freezing floors when she visits).

Which is all to say that, while shopping online for rugs recently, per Natalie's advice, of course, I was rather surprised to find myself falling madly in love with one I would never have expected to be my taste.

Benuta rug, now only available on eBay

I don't know what it is about this rug - oh heck, yes I do, it's full of color! - but it's got me in a tizzy. (So much so that I'm using embarassing words such as "tizzy" to describe it.) I want this rug in my life.

So tell me: where should I use it? In our gray and dark pink living room? I'm not so sure... In our turquoise-y blue guest room? Probably not... In our white bedroom? Is it too pretty to be partially hidden by the bed? Would it be too cruel to purchase it for Micha as a birthday present and just tell him that I really thought it was his taste? Hmmmmm.
  
Oh, and in case you need help finding rugs too, Holly of Decor8 wrote a great post on her personal blog, Haus Maus, about where to find rugs in Germany. Which is the only way I found Benuta. She's chock full of good Germany resources, thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment