Friday, August 26, 2011

Weekend Visitors Await!

Another work week is over, the temperatures have climbed to a whopping 30°C (at long last!), and weekend fun awaits! My best friend, her husband, and her not-yet-so-big pregnant belly are on a mini road trip up to visit us this weekend from Munich. I haven't got it all planned out yet, what we'll be doing (and what I do know shall remain a surprise for now) but let's just say, it involves a LOT of eating. I think that should satisfy us all quite nicely...

To start things off right, I'm taking a stab at this scrumptious-looking pizza.

Photo and recipe by The Healthy Foodie

After that, well, we'll enjoy what summer weather is left tomorrow with picnics, perhaps a trip to the Voodoo market, and maybe we'll even get to see the traditional rotten-vegetable-throwing fight between two neighboring 'hoods, Friedrichshain and Kreuzberg, on one of my favorite bridges. It was officially canceled, but hopefully some determined stragglers will go ahead with it anyway.

Here's to a fun-filled end-of-summer weekend! 

Image credit: Ratatouille Pizza by Sonja of The Healthy Foodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment