Saturday, August 27, 2011

Diner en Blanc in NYC

I have to say, I'm sorely disappointed that I didn't know about New York's first Diner en Blanc that took place last night at the World Financial Center. I first heard about the event, which until now only took place in Paris, over at Oh Happy Day back in March. What an awesome event! I guess it's no surprise it finally made its way to New York, the city that thrives on new, secret, and super cool get-togethers. Fortunately for the 1,150 white-clad diners, the rain from our incoming Hurricane Irene managed to hold off and they were able to enjoy dinner and a sunset on the waterfront. Lucky people! Now the real question is, how do I get in on it next year?!

Photo by David Giral

Happy (and safe!) weekend all! Updates from hurricane central will be forthcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment