Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

(Warning: this is a rather long, personal, and superlative-filled post. :)

Just as we used to do on our college swim team in the bus ride back home after a swim meet, I'd like to give some shoutouts today to some extra special people and things that I'm particulary thankful for on this, my most favorite holiday.

First and foremost, my hilarious and fabulous family, who I don't get to see nearly as much as I'd like to, but who's always there when I need them.


And those family members who are no longer with us: John, who taught us to play poker at the age of eight, was our favorite companion at Dodgers games, and never ever let us win a game of Sorry unless we truly earned it. I miss him and his childlike excitement for the holidays most of all this time of year.

 (Don't look to happy there, Natalie!)

And Tess, simply the best dog ever. Not that she ever knew she wasn't actually a person like the rest of us...


The absolute awesomest friends a girl could ever ask for and all the crazy fun experiences we've had together.


Having a long-time American friend in Germany who always knows exactly what I mean when I say, "Man it drives me crazy how Germans always..."


 The bestest boyfriend ever...


 ...and all the adventures we've had and have yet to have.


And finally, but oh-so-certainly not least, the coolest twinsie there is. May our adventures together continue until we're old and gray.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment