Thursday, November 10, 2011

Feeling Like Fall

There's something about fall, about the falling leaves in sombre shades of red and yellow, the buttoned up jackets and tightly wound scarves, the gray skies and the bite in the air--something that puts me in the mood for lazy days, sad songs, and rustic food. You know? Right now I can't stop listening to Sometime Around Midnight and The Scientist, even though they're two of the saddest songs I know (and even though it's 10 in the morning). I also can't stop dreaming of a get together with late evening light, holiday spice cocktails, hearty recipes filled with squash, figs, or apples, and simple rustic decor. Any of these would be happily welcome in my imaginary fall party.

 


*please let me know if you find the source!

1 comment:

  1. Those images do bring such a feeling of fall and beauty with them. Love the mismatched chairs the best:)

    ReplyDelete