Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Inspired By...

...color. Bright color, neon color, and lots of it! This is in part due to Nicole's neon-themed Thanksgiving fĂȘte that she'll be throwing this week, and the fact that I wish I could either take part in it or throw a similar one myself. And it's in part due to my move down to Miami, where color--unlike black, back in New York--abounds.

...a pink wreath that adds a little extra brightness to a usually somber holiday color palette. I'd happily hang this on my door--it would fit nicely with my bright orange drapes.

Photo and DIY by Martha Stewart

...neon throw pillows in the sweetest prints and patterns (even if my inner grammar nerd is cringing at the grammatically incorrect phrase).

Available at Carlien Peijsel

 ...whimsical plates with a kick of color and fun. After seeing these, I've come to the conclusion that all plates should come with dangling neon pompoms. What do you think?


 Available at Lisa Grue

 ...Christmas cards that exceed my expectations for color and brightness. You can bet everyone I know will be receiving these this holiday season!

Available at Liz & Pip

...adorably bright hand-painted matches that will be perfect for lighting all my candles this holiday season. It's the little touches of color that always make the most impact, don't you think?

Photo and DIY by Victoria

Image credits: Cornhusk wreath by Martha Stewart |"Just Laying Around" collection by Carlien Peijsel via Bloesem | Printed plates by Lisa Grue via SF Girl by Bay | Charity Christmas cards by Liz & Pip via Print & Pattern pinned by Missy | Hand-painted matches by Victoria of A Subtle Revelry

1 comment:

  1. Hip hip hooray for the Neon Holiday Movement of 2011!!!! (in my apt, at least...)

    ReplyDelete