Thursday, December 1, 2011

My iPhone Camera Just Got Sophisticated

Back when I took photography classes in college, I remember spending hours upon hours in the darkroom developing my negatives and perfecting my black-and-white prints. I used to both love and hate those hours. Love because there's something so satisfying about tangibly creating your own works of art right in front of you. Hate because it was so frustrating when they wouldn't turn out right, attempt after attempt after attempt! I still have my trusty old SLR film camera tucked away in the back of my closet somewhere (I never upgraded to a digital one, for many reasons), along with about 20 rolls of film and a couple of great lenses. He's just gathering dust back there, but I don't have the heart to sell him and I don't have the patience to use him anymore. (I should, I know, and maybe one of these days I'll get all artsy and I will.) These days, like most people, I rely solely on my iPhone for photos. It half-shames me to say that, I won't lie. But practicality and convenience count for a lot, especially when your purse is well near 10 pounds and the last thing you feel like doing is lugging around an extra 5 or 6 pounds of camera bag.

So today, when I came across these iphone lenses from the awesome Photojojo, I flipped out with excitement!


Here's a way for me to still use my iPhone as my sole camera, but to feel somewhat sophisticated as a photographer, and (hopefully) to get awesome pictures as a result. Score all around! I guess you know now what's on the top of my Christmas list this year.

P.S. Does anyone have any of these lenses? Or has anyone tried them? What do you think? I'm super eager to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment