Monday, June 27, 2011

Dreaming of a Tropical Vacation

One of our best friends headed off to Hawaii this weekend for a week long vacation and, I have to say, I'm more than a little bit jealous. Not only because it's been gray and rainy here in New York for the past week, and I've been stuck inside for most of those days, but also because it's nearly July and I have yet to set foot on a beach this summer!

Luckily, not for long--I'm a mere week away from my own mini-vacation to Miami! So, needless to say, I've been spending a lot of time daydreaming about the perfect beach escape.

Like one where I can float all day in endless clear water.

Photo source unknown

I've been eying this awesome cooler tote with built-in ipod speakers for my beach lounging time. It fits a six-pack and your music--what more could you need?!

Available at Pottery Barn 

I've also been on the hunt for a new pair of summer sandals and I'm coveting these simple leather ones for days on the beach and nights dressed up.

Available at Gap

And of course I need a new bikini. I've been trying to pick out one that has a funky new shape I've never tried before, or even a cute one-piece. But I just adore this gold and pink one by Jo De Mer. (Then again, I am a sucker for almost anything gold.)

Photo by Mark Platt

This gorgeous illustration--of crumpled and shaped striped shirts!--basically sums up what I need in a summer vacation.

Illustration by Mary Matson

Just one more week of stocking up on beach supplies and ideas for me, then I finally get to feel the sand under my feet again! Until then, I'm wishing my friend the best of times in Hawaii, daydreaming about lounging around the Hamptons (I've never been!) ever since I saw this movie, and reminiscing about the beach bars I went to in Berlin with Nicole last summer.

Happy beach going everyone!

Image from Anthropologie 

Image credits: 1) Dreamy vacation spot via Aubrey Road, source unknown; 2) Cool summer tote available at Pottery Barn; 3) Leather sandals available at Gap; 4) Pink and gold bikini by Jo De Mer via Elle.com; 5) Sun Sand Sea illustration by Mary Matson via Hi + Low; 6) A perfect beach day photo from Anthropologie via Say Yes to Hoboken

No comments:

Post a Comment