Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Very Cheesy Sister Evening

When my sister was preparing to leave from her extended stay with us last month, we both knew we wanted to have some kind of fun, silly, and casual going away dinner for her with lots of bubbly. But we weren't sure what else. Lucky for us, inspiration came to me, as it often does, in blog form. When I read about the birthday cheese dinner over at Nothing But Bonfires, I knew a cheese evening was in order.


 So Nat and I set off during my lunch break to hit up the one fancy cheese shop I found in Prenzlauer Berg (seriously Berlin, where are all the fun overpriced cheese shops?!). We picked up a few different varieties there (I think the Chaumes, the goat cheese Brie, and the blue cheese, but I kind of forgot) and a few more at the over-abundant cheese counter at our local Kaiser's supermarket after work.


Then we made sure to load up goodies for the side: two kind of baguettes, olives, goat cheese-stuffed peppers, fruits, fig jam...



 ...and some prosciutto as well as a lovely salami for the boys.



 Oh yeah, we also wisely decided against eating everything ourselves and invited Micha (nice of us, seeing as he lives here too) and his brother to join in on the fun. And fun they had. So much so, that Micha at one point even tried to steal the entire piece of cheddar for himself. That'll teach us to invite the men-folk next time...

  

(Also, I got that new chalkboard cheese platter just for this occassion, that's how good a sister I am!). On top of being stuffed from the neverending yumminess, we also managed to enjoy a spritz. Or two. Or three...



And while I certainly miss having her around here, I'm super stoked that we'll be able to enjoy a spritz together again in a little less than a month now! This time on her turf. Oh the shenanigans that await us...

No comments:

Post a Comment