Wednesday, July 27, 2011

First Dates


I was painting my nails last night and watching the fourth episode of Friends in a row (season 7, in which I find Rachel at her absolute funniest) and it got me thinking about first dates. Weird train of thought, I know, but bear with me.

I can't remember if it was our first, second, or third date, but on one of those occassions, Micha noticed the very chipped nail polish on my fingernails. This is no rare occurence for me (my grandma will attest to that!), but I really should be better about it now that I'm a so-called grown-up and don't have daily swim practices as my excuse... Anywho, he commented on them, blunt German that he is, and asked me why I didn't just remove the polish. And my lame excuse was, "Well, I don't have any nail polish remover because I don't know what it's called in German and can't find it at the store." (Like it really would have been that hard, Nicole-from-four-years-ago?)

He grinned his crooked smile and said, "It's called Nagellackentferner, that's not that hard to remember."

I grinned back and said something along the lines of, "Riiiiiiight..."

On our next date, he told me he had a surprise for me. He handed me a travel-sized bottle of pink nail polish remover and smiled. I laughed. I could not have found him any cuter in that moment.

I still have that bottle (shows how often I use it) and every time I see it, I remember those wonderfully exciting feelings of butterflies you get at the beginning of a relationship and can't help but smile. Nothing beats those butterflies.

Do you have any silly relationship reminders or tokens? I'd love to hear about them.

Photo: source unknown via fuck you very much

No comments:

Post a Comment