Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Weekend in Pictures

This might be the latest weekend post ever but, uh, sorry. I have little in the way of excuses except for 1) work is crazy (but really, isn't it always?) and 2) I just started planning a baby shower and it is taking over my life. In a good way. In a oh-my-god-I-finally-get-to-plan-another-party-for-my-best-friend kinda way. And let me tell ya, if I have my way, it's gonna be one hell of a kickass baby shower.

But on to the weekend. First of all, pre-weekend (aka. last week), hockey season FINALLY started again. Well, pre-season, but I'll take it! We're season ticket holders (we = me + four boys) so this is pretty much what we wait for all summer. If only the first game hadn't disappointed...but at least we have the whole rest of the season to look forward to!


These aren't actually our regular seats. We're not 5th-row-from-the-ice swanky.


Most of the men-folk.


An early morning visit to the oldest bakery in Prenzlauer Berg. It's smaller than a closet in there. But the treats they bake up are incredible. I remember going there with a friend visiting from the US last year and when we came up (you have to be QUICK when inside, they mean business!), he asked how much he owed me for the bags of bread and rolls and pastries we had. I looked at him and laughed and said, "how much do you think?" His answer was around 15€. And his expression when I told him the real price was, well, priceless. 2.40€. Reason #143 what I love Germany...


I learned the hard way why I should probably stop picking up random things from people I find on craigslist on my own: they are always so. much. heavier. than you ever expect. These shelves are giant (I kinda expected the small size. Blame it on the freaking metric system). And there is currently a battle in our home going on to decide where they will end up in the kitchen.


So I really did try that pizza I mentioned last week. And even though it might not be nearly as pretty the original pictures (I also used a grocery store crust, don't judge!), sweet valley high was it delicious!


We made our way over to the Oberbaumbrücke to check out the Gemüseschlacht (rotten-vegetable-throwing fight), but all we found were a bunch of bored policemen and confused tourists. Sadly, it turns out we were just too early.


My adorably pregnant bestie (can I get away with saying bestie? Probably not. This will be the last time.) hiding her cute bump. What's up with that?


And finally, some flea market fun resulted in some pretty awesome finds.


A fabulous light-up historically-horribly-inaccurate globe and the coolest book ever. It's about balconies! Just balconies! Pictures of Berliners from the '30s and earlier posing on their balconies. Yes, please.

Happy middle of the week, folks! Sorry for my tardiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment