Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Inspired By...Ray Bradbury

This is a slightly different Inspired By post, but I had to say something about the fact that one of my favorite and one of the most inspiring authors (at least, to me), Ray Bradbury, died today. I went through a bit of a science fiction phase when I was younger and fell in with Bradbury's work. Of course Fahrenheit 451 is genius, but I remember The Martian Chronicles simply blowing my mind. The scope of it all, and the creativity! And I've always been mesmerized by Bradbury's poetic prose. It's some of the most beautiful--at times, it really is poetry--made more amazing by the fact that he wrote about scientific and fantastic subject matter. Anyways, let me get over my English major blather and just say that his stories, his writing, and his visions for the future were inspiring to writers and non-writers alike, and will be sorely missed.


Images via Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment