Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Where on Earth Have I Been Lately?!

Whenever I get into travel mode I tend to ignore everything else I have to do. Such as cleaning the house, cooking dinner, working out, reading anything but celebrity gossip, or blogging. But I have been back from vacation for almost a week now and so no longer have an excuse to be so negligent around these parts!

Just to catch you up, we took a whirlwind trip to the US over Easter break to visit family and friends in LA and New York, with a one-day pit stop in Boston as well. It was fantastic. I even introduced my German man to Disneyland and wouldn't you know, he loved it! (Not like he had the choice of saying otherwise...) We had a wondeful time and I'm always so grateful for the limited time I have with all my favorite people back there. Here are a few picture highlights. More perhaps to come in another post, if I ever get around to it!

 Ahhh, the joys of acting like a child on the teacups! Makes me feel...well, to be honest, 16 again. I've never stopped loving this ride. And the ridiculous pictures it produces!

This was my first time on Tower of Terror in California Adventure (the newish park next to Disneyland) and OMG if it wasn't the most terrifying thing I have EVER done in my life! (Besides perhaps, my leap off the Park Inn hotel here in Berlin but at least then, I knew what I was getting myself into!) Not that my expression and the laughter of everyone around me gives my fear away or anything. Or the claw mark I left on Micha's right arm...
I dare you to tell me a desert day trip would be complete without a Wild West-style picture. We took one day to drive to Calico Ghost Town (about halfway between LA and Vegas) with Micha's cousin and his wife who are conveniently living in LA for a while and it didn't disappoint. We had beers on rocking chairs in front of a saloon, rode an old train around the silver mines, and ate massive burgers and ketchup-doused fries in Peggy Sue's '50s diner. 

Ohhhhh, mini martinis in NYC...the champagne one was heavenly. I no longer have any idea what any of the others were, but I'm pretty sure I liked 4 out of 6 of them. As sure as one can be after such an evening...

I'm loving the effect we get when using the fish eye attachment on our lens and then super zooming. It makes me feel like a mermaid.

Oh, the amount of food we ate was obscene. Especially the amount of good, homemade Italian food. And cheese. It still has me drooling.

 Walking through the crowds by Fenway after the Red Sox won. We were not at the game, but we did half watch from a sports bar across the street! Nothing like the Sox and a fellow Padovana to immerse you happily into Boston nostalgia and college memories just like *snap* that!

The view from Williamsburg aka Hipsterville. It was adorable over there and the weather was oh-so accomodating. Thanks for that New York! Now next time, just don't get me sick on my last day and we'll have a long and lovely friendship, k?


No comments:

Post a Comment