Thursday, May 2, 2013

Things You Don't Want to Hear from Your Boyfriend

Random side note: As I rapidly approach old age, I'm starting to strongly dislike the word boyfriend, which makes me feel about 13 (not that I had a boyfriend at 13, but you know what I mean) and am leaning towards going all Kiwi/Australian on you and just saying partner from now on. You've been warned. (I already know what Emily's solution for this problem would be... ;)

So anywho, over the years, an intercultural relationship leads to a lot hilarious misunderstandings and plenty of entertaining quotes. Here are some of my favorites from Micha, at different stages in our relationship. Luckily, he never managed to offend me enough to scare me off!


“Your legs aren’t fat. They’re just sporty. Like mine.”

“Are you pooping money?”

Me: “Do you like my new scented candle?!”
Micha (wrinkling nose): “It smells like my dad’s weird girlfriend.”


“You haven’t been to the hairdresser in a while, have you?”

“Hey, my little construction worker!”

-------
He sure does have a words with words, doesn't he? :)

I Love Lucy pictures from TV guide

No comments:

Post a Comment