Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Time for a Little Change

If you'll allow me to get a little vain for today's post, I'll let you in on a little secret that most of my friends here know about yet.

This weekend, I made a big big big big change.

Just the other day, and up until this Saturday at about 11:20am, I looked like this:


(Although, not always with the freaked-out expression on my face...)

And while my long hair and I have had lots of great times together, we both decided that it was time for a new beginning. It had become dry and split and rather unmanageable. And I had grown lazy and frankly, pretty neglectful of it. Which is why on Saturday at approximately 2pm, we bid each other one last farewell, and I came home looking like this:


(Please try not to laugh at the fact that I'm taking glamour shots in the bathroom with the inflatable octopus smugly laughing at me in the background. And also do not let my one good hair day in the top picture deceive you into believing that it was cooperative, non-frizzy hair. Because it was not. Usually. No hard feelings though.)

I've been pondering and talking about whacking off all my hair for the best part of a year now and two days after the fact, I'm so freaking happy that I finally went through with it! Hooray for quick-drying, easy-to-maintain, no-ponytail-holder-on-my-wrist-at-all-times-necessary short hair!

(Thanks for indulging me. We'll be back to our regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.)

1 comment:

  1. i love it, sisko! although am somewhat saddened we wont look that alike anymore... ;)

    ReplyDelete